Nominations Due June 20, 2017
This prestigious awards program is to recognize superior service and ongoing contributions by the University’s full-time staff. Nominees for these awards must have at least 3 years of continuous service to the University of Utah (by the nomination deadline) and be current FULL-TIME STAFF employees (0.75 FTE or greater) in good standing, to be nominated. Nominators should check with their payroll reporters to obtain the nominees’ Employee UID and date of full-time hire. This information must be included on the nomination form. Faculty, director-level staff and above, part-time hourly employees, UU Staff Council members, and District Award team members are not eligible for this award. This award is not intended for self nomination.
This award recognizes superior performance specifically related to the University’s 4 Major Strategic Goals:
Promote Student Success to Transform Lives
- Expand scholarship opportunities and strategically align scholarships with access, achievements, and completion goals
- Deploy data analytics and retention reporting systems to facilitate improvement in student support and services
- Extend U Online to increase access to U programs and promote completion
- Increase participation in high impact programs (deeply engaged learning opportunities)
- Enrich and expand learning communities to include honors, transfer, sophomore, and living and learning communities
Develop & Transfer New Knowledge
- Transformative Excellence Program: Recruit clusters of high achieving faculty in target areas of strength and societal relevance to ensure vibrant future
- Increase diversity of faculty, including women in science and engineering
- Enhance graduate program quality and student support to enable recruitment and education of top talent
- Build program quality in key areas
Engage Communities to Improve Health & Quality of Life
- Provide transformative and innovative health care
- Enable exceptional quality patient care
- Expand outreach and engagement to shape and improve the U
- Engage communities in broad range of campus offerings, from arts to athletics to lifelong learning opportunities
- Increase access to the U through online offerings
- Partner with communities to meet critical needs and enhance access to the U
Ensure Long-Term Viability of the University
- Improve physical facilities and campus infrastructure to support core operations
- Promote efficiency in all aspects of university operations
- Reduce impact of the U on the environment
- Ensure effective communication with stakeholders and build support for university initiative with legislative, corporate, private partners
- Achieve an appropriate balance among affordability, access, and quality across the institution
- Engage in continuous improvement practices across the university
Nominations must be submitted by June 20, 2017 (hard deadline) using the online form.
Letters of reference are not required, but if you choose to include them in your nomination, please limit to three letters. *Nominations not following these procedures will be accepted, but the award committee will only review the first 3 letters of support.
After completing the nomination form, please return to this page, complete the fields below and upload the Nomination Form.
Questions, please call (801) 581-8661.