- AAU Guidelines for Promoting Responsible Research Practice. AAU Handbook.
- Online Harassment (Field Manual). PEN America.
- Academic Outrage: When the Culture Wars Go Digital. Tressie McMillan Cottom, University of North Carolina.
- Confronting Threats and Harassment Against Faculty. PEN America.
- Defending Research Against Unfounded Attack. The American Psychological Association.
- Dear Professor, Be Careful with those Tweets, Okay? Academic Freedom and Social Media. Cambridge University.
- Faculty Under Attack. Abby L. Ferber, University of Colorado Colorado Springs.
- Fighting Targeted Harassment of Faculty, American Association of University Professors.
- If There is an Organized Outrage Machine, We Need an Organized Response. The Chronicle of Higher Education.
- Personal Attacks. Shea Kinser. Union of Concerned Scientists.
- Promoting Sociological Research: A Toolkit. Compiled by the American Sociological Association’s Task Force on Social Media.
- Science in an Age of Scrutiny: How Scientists Can Respond to Criticism and Personal Attacks. The Union of Concerned Scientists.
- Social Media and the Politics of Collegiality. AAUP Journal of Academic Freedom
- Targeted: Surviving Social Media Attacks. Inside Higher Education.
- The Personal Ethics of Academic Freedom: Problems of Knowledge and Democratic Competence. AAUP Journal of Academic Freedom
- Trolling Attacks on Scholars: Executive Officer Action. The University of Illinois.
- When Your Research Is Attacked. Discard Studies.