Nominations due September 21, 2018
The University Distinguished Teaching Award honors significant contributions to the teaching mission of the University of Utah. Up to five faculty members will be recognized as outstanding teachers with an award of $5,000. Up to three awards may be given to faculty members in the tenure-line and up to two awards may be given to faculty in the career-line. For the purpose of selecting award recipients, the Distinguished Teaching Committee will be split into two subcommittees with no overlapping membership. One subcommittee will consider nominations and make selections of tenure-line faculty for awards. The other subcommittee will consider and select those in the career-line for awards. To be eligible, faculty must have completed eight or more years of teaching service at the University of Utah.
A nominee for the Distinguished Teaching Award must maintain a consistent record of outstanding teaching performance and implement effective and innovative teaching methods which demonstrate exceptional abilities to motivate student learning. Nominee must show a concern for students and their wider education as well as their career preparation and must also contribute to the educational process outside of the classroom (curriculum planning, supervision of programs, development of community programs, etc.).
Nominations may be made by any member of the University community (i.e., students, faculty, administrators, alumni, etc.). The University Teaching Committee evaluates nominees based on a teaching portfolio, a curriculum vitae, three letters of support, and student evaluations.
- Nominations may be made by any individual member of the University Community, i.e., students, faculty, administrators, alumni, etc.
- Nominations must be submitted by September 21, 2018 using the online form below.
- The University Teaching Committee evaluates nominees based on a teaching portfolio, a curriculum vitae, three letters of support, and student evaluations. These materials will be solicited from the nominee directly by the University Teaching Committee.
- The Distinguished Teaching Award also includes a $5,000 salary increase. Up to five recipients will be awarded each year.
- Recipients of other University-wide teaching awards must wait five years prior to being eligible for consideration.
Nominations must be submitted by September 21, 2018 using the online form below.
After screening nominations for eligibility, the Teaching Committee will solicit documentation, in accord with the above criteria, from the nominees and their departments before making its recommendations to the central administration.
If you have any questions regarding the nomination process, please email the Teaching Committee at email@example.com.
For more information call (801) 581-8661.
Download and save the nomination form. When the nomination form is completed,
return to the Teaching Committee website and proceed to Step 2.
After completing the nomination form, complete the following fields: